Helpful tips for a successful embroidery download
A wide variety of embroidery machines and manufacturers are available for use by quilting customers. For best results, please direct any software and or machine specific questions to your dealer or manufacturer of your embroidery machine.
You can also find several tutorial videos on YouTube on how to transfer embroidery files to a USB or thumb drive.
We have a couple of embroidery how-to videos on our website. Check these quick links out!!
- Here is a helpful embroidery tutorial created by Erica using the AccuQuilt GO! Cute Car die
- Here's another applique and embroidery video from a AccuQuilt Live Event featuring Pam and the GO! Pickup die.
Here are the steps to order a downloadable embroidery pattern from our AccuQuilt.com website and how to access the downloaded pattern:
First log into your online account. If the embroidery patterns are FREE, simply click the green ADD TO DOWNLOADS button on the item page. If there is a charge for the pattern, once your method of payment has been billed you will have access to the pattern.
1. Sign into your online account
2. Click on MY ACCOUNT
3. Click on MY DOWNLOADS
4. Next insert your USB (thumb drive) into your computer, click on the underlined name of the embroidery file, and follow the below instructions.
5. Save the downloaded file to a USB (thumb drive)
6. Insert the USB into the embroidery machine
7. When you add a new pattern or embroidery pattern to your downloads, it will go the very last page of your downloads list.
(You will NOT be able to open the file on your computer as these types of files can ONLY be opened on an embroidery machine. Please make sure you are saving the correct format for your embroidery machine.)
General Instructions for Downloading Zipped Machine Embroidery Files:
Navigate to the link on the AccuQuilt.com website for the designs. Click on the link to download the zip file from the AccuQuilt website to your computer.
- When the download begins, note the location / folder where the file is being saved. The downloaded file is a zip file and must be unzipped to use the files.
- Navigate to the location / folder on your computer that contains the downloaded zip file.
- Right click on the zip file and find the command in the menu (words like “Extract all”) for unzipping files. Click and follow the instructions for unzipping and saving the files to the location of your choice.
- When the files are unzipped and saved, you can then transfer the files to a flash drive in the machine format that is used by your embroidery machine.
Please remember to direct any software and or machine specific questions to your dealer or manufacturer of your embroidery machine.
Please let us know if we can assist in any other way by using our online Live Chat feature, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8am - 5pm CT.